Please click here to download our complaints policy (.docx).
The NHS employs over a million staff in thousands of locations. It is a large and complex organisation providing a broad range of services. It is not surprising that sometimes you or a loved one may feel bewildered or concerned when using the NHS and this can be at times when you are feeling at your most vulnerable and anxious. So, what should you do if you want on the spot help when using the health service? The NHS expects all members of staff to listen and respond to you to the best of their ability. There are occasions when you may wish to talk to someone employed especially to help you. The Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS), has been introduced to ensure that the NHS listens to patients, their relatives, carers and friends, and answers their questions and resolves their concerns as quickly as possible.
PALS also helps the NHS to improve services by listening to what matters to patients and their loved ones and making changes, when appropriate.
What does PALS do?
In particular, PALS will:
- Provide you with information about the NHS and help you with any other health-related enquiry.
- Help resolve concerns or problems when you are using the NHS.
- Provide information about the NHS complaints procedure and how to get independent help if you decide you may want to make a complaint.
- Provide you with information and help introduce you to agencies and support groups outside the NHS.
- Inform you about how you can get more involved in your own healthcare and the NHS locally.
- Improve the NHS by listening to your concerns, suggestions and experiences and ensuring that people who design and manage services are aware of the issues you raise.
- Provide an early warning system for NHS Trusts and monitoring bodies by identifying problems or gaps in services and reporting them.
Other Sources Of Help
Services not provided by Ramsey Health Centre are the responsibility of the Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Clinical Commissioning Group whose contact details are:
Cambridgeshire & Peterborough
Clinical Commissioning Group
Tel: 01223 725400 or visit the website: Cambridgeshire and Peterborough CCG
Comments & Suggestions
Do you have any suggestions or comments about your experience as a patient at Ramsey Health Centre that you would like to share with us? If so, please share them here. Alternatively, you may post your views in writing in the dispensary or reception suggestions box.
Information submitted through secure forms is used only for the purposes of processing your request. We may
be in touch with you in relation to the information submitted.
All Information submitted through secure forms is secured with a private key known only to the GP practice and is
accessed over a secure connection by nominated Practice staff. Our practice has a strict confidentiality policy.
This information is not shared with any third party organisations.
This information is retained for up to 28 days.
Should you have any concerns about sending your personal details using the web,
please use one of the alternative methods offered by our organisation.